UV Water Treatment
UltraViolet (UV) water disinfection is a completely safe, chemical-free way to treat water. Even chlorine-resistant microorganisms are made harmless through UV exposure. Lack of chemicals means no harmful chemical byproducts are going back into the environment, and the taste of your water is not affected in any way
UV systems sterilize water quickly and effectively. UV disinfection deactivates 99.99% of living organisms in the water. They are designed to run constantly to guarantee the water you use is always safe. As a result, all of your water that runs through a UV is purified.
Water is disinfected as it runs through a stainless steel chamber containing a UV lamp. As water flows past the lamp, illness-causing microorganisms receive a lethal dose of UV light that attacks their DNA and eliminates their ability to reproduce. Harmful bacteria and viruses are deactivated, and your family is safe.
More importantly is what it removes:
- Dysentery bacilli
- Mycobacterium tuberculosis
- E. coli
- Hepatitis B
- Some viruses
Finally, having a UV system eliminates the need to boil water when a "boil notice" is issued for a local water municipality.